Helping you find the best in ethical fashion
These two words are currently being thrown about a lot. And you’re clearly interested
to know a bit more … so here is a website for you to explore and find some of the
interesting brands and products that are stylish, fashionable and most importantly
What is ethical fashion - and why? There are a number of different factors that
come into play ...
- Locally sourced - supporting local communities and requires less transportation.
- Fair trade - non-exploitative, a fair price and wages given to workers. Ensures
that workers have safe working conditions, do not work long hours and are able to
afford food and healthcare.
- Environmental impact - clothing manufactured using methods to reduce resource use,
water, minimise pollution.
- Organic - grown without the use of pesticides or chemical fertilisers, supporting
the soil and environment.
- Re-cycled and re-used - reduces the need to use up new resources.
- Breaks down - uses materials that will eventually degrade in an environmentally
friendly way e.g. shoes that use stitching instead of glue.
- Dyes - uses low toxic dyes.
- Packaging - minimal and degradeable or recyclable packaging.